Primal French Onion Soup With Paleo Bread™
This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you ”French Onion Soup.” Today’s dish, or should I say “bowl”, is a delicious classic with a modern twist! We are featuring croutons using Julian Bakery’s Paleo Bread in place of the classic “grains”. Yes folks! French onion soup with croutons! See!! You can enjoy foods like this once again, thanks to Julian Bakery! In addition to these lovely croutons that have been kicked up with some Paleo Powder, all of the ingredients in this dish are top notch…. We are talking organic, Non-GMO, soy and grain free, and gluten-free, just like the Paleo Bread croutons themselves! All high quality ingredients that keep your blood sugar levels happy, your gut flora in control, and your smile-o-meter on full blast. So take a seat, relax, and savor the moment.
Ingredients (for croutons):
• 6 slices Paleo Bread™ - cubed
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/8 teaspoon Paleo Powder
• Sea salt and pepper
• 2 cloves minced garlic
Ingredients (for soup):
• 5 onions (about 3.5 lbs), cut in ¼ inch half moon slices
• ⅛ cup butter
• ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
• Black pepper to taste
• 5 cups beef stock
• ½ lime, juiced
• ½ cup red wine
• 1 tablespoon organic ketchup
• Swiss cheese (optional)
1) Let Paleo Bread™ defrost
2) Cut Paleo Bread™ into cubes
3) Mix bread cubes in bowl with olive oil, Paleo Powder, salt, pepper and minced garlic until cubes are all covered.
4) Add oil and onions and thyme to a pan over low heat and cover with lid; steam for about 20 – 30 minutes or until onions reduce down.
5) Remove pan lid and continue to cook for approximately 90 minutes; check every 30 minutes or so, until the last 30 minutes when the onions will need stirring more often to avoid black bits or burning.
6) When the onions are a deep all over butterscotch color, add lime juice and ketchup.
7) Use a splash of wine to deglaze the pan, then add the rest of the wine and all of the stock and simmer over low heat for an hour.
8) Make sure soup is heated through thoroughly and serve.
9) Add cheese and allow to melt (optional).
• 10 minutes
• 3 hours
Admit it, you went for seconds, didn’t you? Its ok, you deserved it! And I’ll tell you a little secret…. So did I. This bowl of French Onion Soup was just the right touch, from the flavorful onions, to the tasty broth, to the soaked croutons made from Paleo Bread. I just hope you shared some of this with someone that matters, someone that appreciates the meal for what it truly is… If they don’t, show them the way…. Its low in carbs, has fiber, made from all natural ingredients, and even has prebiotics from the onions to keep your tummy happy.
So make sure you are fully stocked with Paleo Bread and Paleo Powder so you can share the love. And while you are ordering up, grab some other delicious goodies at Julian Bakery online. They have products ranging from bars, to breads, to the awesome Paleo Macaroons; quite a range of products to keep you healthy, happy and ready to tackle your day.
I hope you enjoyed reading and watching this French Onion Soup come together, and I hope you have a chance to enjoy it!
Julian Bakery Paleo Store
Julian Bakery Blog (Paleo Recipes & Meals)