Paleo Lemon Chicken & Paleo Bread™
It’s one of those “I’m feeling super healthy and good about my body and my diet” days. I typically don’t work out enough to at all on the weekends so when the week starts and I’m back into my routine of wake, eat, feed baby, go to gym; come Wednesday I’m feeling pretty darn good about myself. Before I got pregnant I would hear mothers say that it was hard to loose the second half of the pregnancy weight that they gained and vowed I would never be in that place but now here I am! Humph! I have lost over half of the weight I gained but I still have some to loose and boy is it tough! I packed away my pre pregnancy clothes long before I had my baby and stupidly I tried them on one day, big mistake. Or maybe it’s not a mistake at all but a motivator!
Lemon chicken…mmm mmm mmm! In the middle of the winter this meal just feels so good! It’s super fresh tasting from the citrus which gives a sense of freedom from the winter winds, snow and cold. You get this sense like “spring is around the corner” and somehow someway the lemon can just lift your appetite spirit. I definitely do not cook with lemon as much as I should but this is quite an awakener for me to take back lemons.
Slice them up to about a ¼ inch thick and make sure to really give them enough pan time to get them nice and browned on the outside. Use just enough lemon juice in the dish, about 2 Tbs. to really showcase this bright flavor, lemon!
2 organic chicken breasts
4 organic chicken thighs
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 Tbs. coconut oil
1 lb. sweet potatoes, diced into 1” cubes
1 lemon, sliced and seeded
½ onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
½ c. white wine
1 c. organic chicken broth
1 tsp. coconut flour
2 Tbs. lemon juice, fresh
2 Tbs. Parsley, chopped
Julian Bakery Almond Paleo Bread™
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and add to a Dutch oven or ovenproof pan over medium-high heat and cook until golden brown on both sides
- Place pan in oven for 10 minutes or until chicken registers at 165 degrees
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Pour out pan drippings but do not wipe completely clean
- Add 1 Tbs. coconut oil to the pan, sweet potatoes and salt and cook on medium until the sweet potatoes are browned on the outside. Remove from pan and set aside
- Add lemon slices to pan and cook 1 minute on each side on medium heat until browned. Remove from pan and set aside
- Add 1 Tbs. coconut oil to pan and add the garlic and onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add wine and cook for 1 minute, loosening browned bits
- Return potatoes and lemon slices to the pan. Add 2/3 c. chicken broth, salt and pepper and cook 2 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Combine the remaining 1/3 c. chicken broth and the coconut flour, stirring with a whisk and add it to the pan and bring to boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally
- Return chicken to pan, turning to coat. Serve and sprinkle with parsley and add a couple slices of Julian Bakery Almond Paleo Bread™ and a side salad. Enjoy!
Make Sure You Check Out This Review: Mustang Bar Review (100% Paleo)
Check Out Even More Paleo Recipes At The Paleo Bread Blog
Linked In Page (Julian Bakery)
Paleo Princess Also Made This Recipe: Paleo Cauliflower & Fried Paleo Rice With Paleo Bread