Paleo Grilled Chicken Salad with Coconut Paleo Bread™
My goal here is to eat as close as possible to the Paleo way while spending the least amount of money on quality food. I don’t know about you but this way of life can be damaging to the pocketbook. So with that in mind, I am going to share another recipe with you that won’t break the bank! For my first lunch following the Paleo lifestyle, I made a Paleo Grilled Chicken Salad with Coconut Paleo Bread™ topped with Almond Butter. I didn’t quite have everything in my fridge that I would have liked, but I was still able to create a healthy yet delicious dish for lunch. Let’s get started once again.
- ½ tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 small Foster Farms® hormone free chicken thighs, pieced
- 1 slice Coconut Paleo Bread™, toasted
- Trader Joe’s® Almond Butter, raw creamy unsalted
- 1 bowl of Organic Spring Mix from Costco®
- Raspberry Merlot Olive Oil Vinaigrette Salad Dressing by Bolthouse Farms®
- Nature’s Way® EfaGold Organic Flax Oil
- 1 organic celery stalk, sliced
- ½ organic cucumber, sliced
- 1 small organic tomato, cubed
- 1 small bushel cilantro
- Heat ½ tablespoon of coconut oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 2 small chicken thighs & cook in frying pan until fully cooked, flipping once.
- Pull chunks of chicken from bones & set aside.
- Rinse & chop all veggies.
- Toss veggies with organic spring mix salad.
- Top with grilled chicken pieces, splash Flax Oil & Raspberry Vinaigrette onto salad and serve.
- 15 minutes
- 14-20 minutes
- 1 person (Me)
Now, of course, you may add ingredient amounts to what I have listed to feed more people if you wish. I just happen to be the only one eating this way in my household at this time.
Coconut Paleo Bread™ is totally organic and completely starch free. Each slice has only 1 net carb per slice, 5 grams of protein and contains only 40 calories. It is suitable for a variety of low-carb diets as well as for anyone looking to avoid starches, grains, wheat, gluten, soy, or yeast. If you are following a Paleo lifestyle, Coconut Paleo Bread™ allows you to easily enjoy having toast with your salad creations once again!
Thanks so much for reading about my journey to the complete Paleo style of living. I will try to post my adventures daily at PaleoNate.com. Future posts will most likely include a video of my meal and some more information to assist you in your venture to the Paleo way of life! Stay tuned.