Paleo Gluten & Grain Free Croutons Made With Paleo Bread™
Croutons with Paleo Bread
Want to jazz up your usual salad? Maybe add something with a little crunch, a lot of flavor, and simple to make? Look no further than Paleo Bread which you probably already have there at home!
Croutons are super easy and versatile to make, depending on what kind of flavor you want to add to your salad. If you have the herb or spice handy, the choice is yours.
Using Paleo Bread, either Almond or Coconut varieties, will add the extra zing to your healthful salad without getting off track with too many additional calories, fats, and carbs which can likely happen by tossing in an extra tasty item for a more enjoyable salad experience. You can only gain adding some tasty croutons to your meal; with the additional protein and fiber, you’re actually giving your entire salad a healthy boost—not just tantalizing your taste buds.
OK, I know you can’t take it any longer! Time to take matters into your own hands and create this easy, tasty, healthy treats yourself! Here’s how:
- 4 slices (or as many as you like) of Paleo Bread – Coconut or Almond
- Oil of your choice (we like coconut or grapeseed), about 2-3 tablespoons, depending how much bread you use.
- Seasonings of choice. We like garlic powder and basil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the bread into cubes (about 2x2cm)
- Place all cubes in a large bowl and pour in the oil. Use your hands or a large spoon to see that the cubes are coated lightly with oil. Make sure they are no saturated in oil, just a light coating.
- Use a baking sheet, and place some foil over for easier clean up and non-stick.
- Remove the cubes from the large bowl onto the baking sheet making sure they are not overlapping each other.
- Set the oven for 5 minutes and check to see if they are lightly browned. If so, toss so they can brown evenly.
- Check again in 3 minutes, and remove when they are a nice golden brown color or crunchy.
- **Make sure to watch these carefully! All ovens heat differently and can quickly burn the croutons.