Paleo Butternut Squash Soup with Almond Paleo Bread™
I wanted to share with you my latest lunch creation named Paleo Butternut Squash Soup with Almond Paleo Bread™. I can’t tell you how much I love the Paleo Bread™ – Almond variety. Thank you Julian Bakery, once again, for creating this fantastic bread and allowing me to still eat the way I have for so many years but without all the side effects. I am truly grateful. It has been two weeks and I am still going strong. I don’t even crave the other breads or sweets that I used to. These meals fill me up without the overwhelming calories.
So, I would like to share a little story about my Mom and how she is currently trying the Almond Paleo Bread™ that I purchased for her from Whole Foods a couple of days ago. Just so you know, she has been an uncontrollable Type II diabetic for almost 30 years now and she loves her sandwiches, as I do. She has been noticing that every time she eats bread (of any type), she gets a stomach ache. Now, she knows the Paleo lifestyle that I have chosen but never thought she could go the same route because she would have to “give up” so many of the foods she loves. I bought her a loaf when I was visiting and left it with her. I made her promise that she would eat this bread, without putting another type in her mouth, until it was gone. She called me today and stated that so far, she loves the taste of the bread, isn’t having the glucose swings and can’t believe she isn’t in pain! That’s one day on the bread, people. I pray that this continues and that she is able to use this bread from now on. Anyways, I just wanted you to hear a success story from another perspective. Now, let’s get down to the knitty gritty.
- 1 slice of Almond Paleo Bread™ with garlic rub
- 1 large organic butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium organic yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp organic ginger, peeled
- 5 cups organic Free Range chicken broth
- 2 tsp organic nutmeg
- 2 organic green onions, chopped
- Dash sea salt organic black pepper
- 1/2 Bar Sugar Free (Naturally) Dark Chocolate Bar – CHOCO perfection®
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until hot, once hot add coconut oil
- Once the coconut oil is melted and hot, add in the diced onions
- Drop in the cut squash, ginger and chicken broth and bring to a simmer
- Cook until squash is tender, approx. 15 minutes
- Pour off most of the broth and reserve
- Place squash, onions, ginger mixture into blender and puree gently (may use immersion blender without removing contents)
- Once pureed, add contents back into the pot and add chicken broth that you saved
- Stir well and add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste
- Fill one bowl (will be leftovers) and garnish with chopped green onion
- Toast Almond Paleo Bread™ after rubbing garlic clove on slice
- Plate for dark chocolate and enjoy!
*Please remember that butternut squash is a little high on the carb side so eat sparingly if you are leaning down.
- 10 minutes+
- 20 minutes+
- 1 person+
So that was my lunch. I hope you enjoyed this post and video. Please try it and let me know what you think. Thanks so much for reading once again about my journey to the complete Paleo lifestyle. I will try to post my adventures daily at PaleoNate.com. Stay tuned, and remember to get healthy and stay there!
By: Paleo Nate