Paleo Beef Cakes Recipe With Paleo Bread™
Paleo Beef Cakes
Beef cake huh?! I’m sorry, I had to use that name, I mean when else am I going to be able to use that? So I see my cupcake tin in the cupboard every time I get a pan out which is just about every day and let’s just say that since I have started eating paleo, I would NEVER think of making cupcakes or eating them. Ew, just thinking about it makes my “paleo guilt” rush over me and my teeth hurt! But that doesn’t mean that I don’t like to just think about how incredible they are, especially the Funfetti mix, oh my goodness YUM! So what does a paleolithic eater do instead of eating carbs, eat meat. I always have ground beef in my freezer and if not beef at least I have turkey so what a great way to serve ground meat in a fun and nostalgic way that’s extremely easy, versatile and quick cleanup. This is a great way to use whatever you have laying around in your produce drawer or shelf, for some. You can get a little funky and add some sliced mushrooms, spinach, onion and garlic or if you are really hurting in the vegetable section you can just throw in some type of herb like cilantro and call it a day! Anyway you mix it, your guests, or family, will most likely love the idea of a tiny little cake of anything!
1 lb. ground meat (I used ground beef)
3 eggs, scrambled
1 Tbs. coconut oil
½ medium white onion, finely diced
4 oz. crimini mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 c. spinach, packed
Side of veggies
- In a large pan, cook the ground meat until almost done and set aside into a large bowl
- Add the coconut oil to the same pan you cooked the meat in on medium-high heat and add the onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the onions and cook until the spinach has wilted, set aside
- Pour the eggs and onion mixture into the meat bowl and mix to combine (I think it works best to mix with your hands)
- Portion out into the cupcake tins, about 2/3 full (the beef cake will rise while it’s cooking and you don’t want to fill it too much otherwise the juices will spill out the top)
- Serve with a side of veggies and Julian Bakery Almond Paleo bread and enjoy!
By: Paleo Princess
Check Out Many More Paleo Meals With Paleo Bread At The Julian Bakery Blog